Wendy said she tried this one recently and everybody loved it, so here it is. It sounds yummy. Nutritional info at the bottom of the recipe if you want it. I included a regular blueberry pound cake recipe too.
- Prep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- Yield: 12 Servings
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until blended. Add eggs and egg white, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel and vanilla.
- Toss blueberries with 2 tablespoons flour. In another bowl, mix the remaining flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with yogurt, beating after each addition just until combined. Fold in blueberry mixture.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to wire rack; cool for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Gradually brush onto warm cake, about one-third at a time, allowing glaze to soak into cake before adding more. Cool completely. Yield: 12 servings.Editor’s Note: For easier removal of cake, use solid shortening when greasing a fluted or plain tube pan.
Nutritional Facts 1 slice equals 434 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 281 mg sodium, 80 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Originally published as Lemon-Blueberry Pound Cake in Taste of Home February/March 2013
If you would prefer just a blueberry pound cake without the lemon zing, here’s the recipe for that one:
- Prep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- Yield: 32 Servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Confectioners’ sugar
- BLUEBERRY SAUCE:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup thawed cranberry juice concentrate
- 6 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extracts. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into two greased and waxed paper-lined 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and cranberry juice concentrate until smooth. Add blueberries. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve warm or cold with pound cake. Yield: 2 loaf cakes.