Blueberries are delicious raw, cooked, or baked.
Fresh blueberries re a fun and delicious addition to fruit smoothies and milk shakes too. Freshly picked blueberries are wildly popular as an addition to many traditional [ and unusual ] baked goods as well. Enjoy fresh blueberries in muffins, pies, cakes, scones, puddings, relish, jams, jellies, fruit salads, green salads, ice cream, yogurt and a variety of other wonderful culinary treats.
Blueberries are a snap to freeze, and thaw in the microwave in 30 seconds. Just pack self-sealing freezer bags with washed and drained berries and toss them in the freezer. When they’re thawed, they still taste like they were just picked off the bush. Be sure to check out our new blueberry recipe video page to watch complete how-to recipes made with blueberries.
Here are a few recipes we think you will enjoy. Be sure to bookmark this page, as we add new recipes frequently!
Simple Blueberry Muffins
Mix flour, sugar, baking power together. Beat egg; add milk and then add egg mixture to dry ingredients. Stir in blueberries. Fill muffin cups and bake for 15-20 minutes at 425 degrees.
Makes 8 servings
5 cups blueberries
2 large nectarines, peeled, chopped
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp all-purpose flour (can substitute whole wheat or cake flour)
zest of 1 lemon
1 1/2 cups regular oats
2 tbsp chopped pecans
2 tbsp chopped almonds
2 tbsp chopped walnuts
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine the blueberries, nectarines, brown sugar, flour, and lemon zest in a medium bowl;
toss to coat.
3. Spoon fruit mixture into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
4. For the topping, combine all ingredients and toss to evenly coat oat mixture and nuts with syrup.
5. Sprinkle granola over the blueberry nectarine mixture.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, ice cream, or whipped topping.
Per serving: 241 calories, 5 g protein, 41 g carbohydrate, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 5 g fiber, 22 g sugar, and 16 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 28%.
Lemon Blueberry Bread: How-To Video
More Wonderful Blueberry Recipes and Cooking Ideas
Fresh Blueberry Sauce [ Great on pancakes, waffles, ice cream, over yogurt ]
- Granola with Fresh Fruit
- Healthy High Fiber Cereal
- Quinoa Cereal with Fresh Fruit
- Yogurt with Fruit
- Berries with Chocolate Sauce
- Blueberries with Cashew Sauce
- Blueberries with Yogurt and Chocolate
- Blueberry Parfait
- Blueberry Peach Crisp
- Blueberry Truffle
- Fresh Peaches with Blueberries & Yogurt
Links to Other Great Blueberry Recipe Sites
- Healthy blueberry crisp recipe: Low calorie, low fat, and rated 5 stars for taste
- Lowcal blueberry cobbler recipe – Less than 200 calories and just 4 grams of fat!
- Healthy fruit smoothie recipes with blueberries
- Guilt-free blueberry muffins – Just 170 calories and tasty
- Blueberry jelly recipe – From Nancy’s kitchen in Central Florida
Visit our Fun Blueberry Cooking Videos page to watch easy “How-To” demonstrations on cooking and baking great blueberry recipes.